Printing capabilities + 3M Preferred Converter = Limitless Product Solutions
June 18, 2014 at 9:22 AM
In the past few blogs we have talked about ISO and UL certifications, quality service and customer experience. Our commitment to our customers has a clear track record. We would also like to celebrate our good standing as a 3M Preferred Converter and explain why it may be important to you. Converters specialize in value-added services and products that combine raw materials to create new products.
3M Preferred Converter with Print Capabilities
There are forty two 3M preferred converters in the US and we are one of four with print capabilities. SCN is considered a specialty converter. If your project requires printing, cutting or finishing for labels, nameplates, specialty die cuts, gaskets or spacers and you want the quality of 3M product – we can handle it. The range of materials, processes and end uses is almost limitless.
Technology is changing quickly. New production methods, new materials and new equipment combinations can produce products with an edge. Whether you are looking for quality, speed, uniqueness or durability starting with a quality product, like the labels, films, tapes, foils and traction products from 3M is key.
Here are 3 recent projects using 3M materials
- 3 challenges are met with one 3M product for a customer looking for decal application without wrinkles or bubbles. 3M’s specialty coated adhesive with channel technology was the right product for this project. It allows for easy application, superior hold and wrinkle free adhesion, as the tiny channels allow for air to escape on the decals are applied, eliminating unsightly bubbles.
- Innovation is grounded in American spirit. When a new product idea was born we helped the inventor of a pocket and liner product for purses, diaper bags and totes. The challenge was to create an interlocking attachment system that carried branding identification. The pockets are interchangeable by the consumer and can be moved from bag to bag as needed. The solution was to utilize 3M hook and loop with a pressure sensitive adhesive which was then adhered to a polycarbonate face for the graphics portion.
- Whoa, no need to re-engineer this customer’s product! 3M’s vibration dampening foil tapes eliminated the investment of hundreds of hours of re-engineering by tackling a noise problem with simple die cut sound dampening foil pieces. Determining the key spots for application and customizing some very specific cuts created an amazing cost effective solution.
Using SCN as your 3M Preferred Converter we focus on the following benefits for you:
- Ability for short runs – order only what you need
- On-demand production means you can get product sooner
- Customization capabilities offer many options
- Using technology to produce the best finished product
- Inventory Management to keep delivery times faster and costs down
- Access to 22 different 3M divisions and 1000’s of different products
- Specialty volume discounted pricing
The printing industry is in transition and we want to be ahead of that curve. Our value added services are focusing on your needs and what is important to you.
We are committed to producing quality products and services and proud to carry the 3M Preferred Converter distinction.
Let SCN be your one stop shop for all of your converting needs. Innovation, expertise, quality – you want it, SCN can provide it.